Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 93 1.9Tid 150 2007 65K. Just recently I noticed it was very slow-dead in fact taking off. Then it seemed to improve-not back to its normal standard but it was better. I put this down to a dodgy fill up. Then one day it went dead again & I noticed the engine warning light came on. I brought it to the garage, the mechanic told me that I need a new Egr valve & manifold. So this is being replace at the moment. However he also told me that the DPF is full & that he is gong to attempt a regeneration with some additive. To replace the DPF will cost a fortune he tells me. Just wondering if anyone had similar issues or knows a more cost efficient method around the DPF issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I've got a 56 plate 9.3 and mine's the same dead slow in low gears think my egr valve needs cleaning and my map and Maf sensors also, did u not clean your valve first to try and free up the valve from soot with some carb cleaner if u keep ontop of the cleaning of the valves it will prevent any further damage to the DPF,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts