Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have tried to find the answer in various places around the internet, to no avail so will just ask instead!

I bought a 2004 93 Convertible last weekend, knowing the roof didn't work. The non mechanical guy I bought it from, had no idea why it didn't but as it was cheap (and fast!) i bought it anyway and thought I would have a go. WCPGW?!

When I push the button I get manual operation only, contact service, no other signs of life.

Having read some bits and pieces I'm a bit confused so please help me with these points.

How do you lower the rear seats? Apparently there is some key hole to lower them, but can't find any such clue.

is this where the hydraulic pump etc lives, or is it behind the rear drivers side trim?

How do you use the Soft Top Cover Emergency Opening rods? Mine are not connected to anything, but there looks to be two clips they could be seated in. Could someone please take a photo of theirs for comparison?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
you can't lower the rear seats in a vert as you can in the saloon..you access the pump from the boot(RHS)

check fuse/relay for hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply aerojon.

I think I was reading about the previous model 93 where the rear seat backs tilted forward to allow access to the pump etc.

My handbook doesn't mention any fuses to do with pop top and no references at all to relays. Would you mind telling me the location and fuse numbers of the fuses and relays please?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Look at maxi fuse 5 in the REC,pretty sure it's 40amp..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts