Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching the net, I have found an copy of a 9000 Workshop manual. The manual is in German, but seems to be an official Saab manual. It's 528 pages and is 34MB!!! but it does look good and it must be better than the Haynes manual.

It has a year 2000 copyright on it along with the new Saab logo. It covers MY1985-1994

Has anyone seen it before? Can you get one in english?

http://saabsite.joiku.com/9000manual/900085-94.PDF

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Toby,

this is a great find for a German speaker with a MY94 car, i.e. me. Many thanks. I have tried German publishers and so on for an alternative to Haynes, but without success, so this really is great.

The link you posted opens the document in Acrobat, but when I tried to go to the root website I got a "403" error and the statement "You are not authorized to view this page". Do you have any idea how to view the rest of the site, and is there anything else useful there?

I am not aware that a similar manual is available in English, but I will enquire next time I'm at the dealer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a look through google and the nearest I could get to an english version was a paper one at $620. Got the german one anyway as mine is a 94MY and the diagrams are good, lots to look at a 528 pages. You can translate sections by putting Adobe reder into text mode and copy and pasting into Babel fish, you would need to have the haynes as a backup though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark,

I don't think there is anything else useful on the site. It was just put on the web by another Saab user.

Kommando,

I did try to copy and paste the text but it came out as rubbish.

·
Registered
552 Posts
As a technological idiot, I would greatly appreciate any help available in copying this manual onto disc.

I downloaded it and it came up correctly in Acrobat format.

How, in very simple layman's language, do I transfer it to the hard drive?

As it took 2 hours 40 minutes to load,
,I don't want to lose it!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Oh yes, I'm using Windows ME.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I take it it is open in the Arcobat Internet explorer plugin, from there click on 'File' and then 'Save As', name it if it has not already got one and browse to your 'My Documnets folder' and select (Should already be there) and then click on 'Save'

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, but I'm afraid I tried that.

I clicked on "file" and "save as" but couldn't get any further, I just got a message saying something like " not yet finished loading".

However, all 258 pages were there, complete and legible.

I think I'd better spend a few hours reading about Acrobat, see if it helps!

Any more suggestions would be appreciated, though.
I'm sure I'm doing something basic incorrectly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts