Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Right, for your Pictogram display, you will need to take the top half of the dashboard off (to get to the instrument panel) and then you get to the lower half of the back of the instrument display (where the pictogram display is) and replace the three bulbs at the bottom (about £1.50 each from Saab MD) You might have to remove the speedo cable from the back to achieve this properly.

Secondly your boot release if it was anything like the one I had once is stuck in the close position. Remove the switch via prising it out, remove the wiring lug from the back, and then have a go at freeing it off and checking the spring hasn't broken, or fell out of position. Refitting is reversal of removal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had a go from underneath but cant really get at bulbs, looks like taking top of dash off, where are all the dash retaining screws, whats the best way to remove it,
boot remote switch looks ok, i will need to look a bit deeper,
cheers Ricky

·
Registered
945 Posts
Most are under the speaker grilles so tyou'll need those off first, and one I remember is just underneath the dash top by your Instrument panel, the screw actually scrwews into the dash top so you'll be looking at an upside down screw. The rest I can't remember but there aren't any real buggers, the only ballache is taking the wire that bolts to the a post off without taking the pillar fabric off. It can be done because I did it, but it is very fiddly. I used a U Joint extension on my rachet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took top of dash off no problems, removed two screws holding top of instrument panel, instrument panel then came right out and bulbs were easy to change, whole job took 35 mins, thanks guys,

cheers ricky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.