Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a Saab 9000 2.3 turbo for approx £1500 - £2000 as unfortunate have been made redundant and need to get some cash out of my abbott racing Saab 900

I have been looking at 91-92 9000 carlsson's has any one got a review on this car, I like the original 2.3 fpt 9000 CDE, but hope the carlsson would handle better. is this true ?

2/ I want a 220 bhp version, so does it mean I have to have a manual version ?

3/ all the versions I am looking at have approx 120,000 miles, I know they can do the mileage but is there anything I should be looking for ?

4/ I have read alot about the TCS problem,. but not sure I understand fully. Is TCS ok, but try to avoid the version with the electronic throttle control ? or am I mistaken ?

thanks for any help.

[edited by Mark E to remove sale advert]

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
CDEs' are defo boaty around corners, but comfy on the straight, how quick do you take corners?

Autos' had 200 bhp but can still pile on the accelleration, they just need to be driven in a more considerate manner.

If the car has been serviced regularly 120k is no problem, my Aero was bought last year with 124k on the clock, more than the CD Carlsson it replaced. The Aero is far better in every way build wise.

HTH.

Nick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts