Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This '87 9000 2.0 Turbo with the early form of ACC that you cannot turn off it is either 'econ' or 'auto' when I put it into windscreen heat mode last night (HI and maximim fan speed) because the windscreen was slightly misty after the engine had warmed uip I put my hand over the vents to the windscreen and the heat was fine but the fan speed was minimal. The fan works fine and if you change to the face vents it blows like a good'uun but to the screen it is very weak and I fear for what it will be like come winter! Anything I can check for what could be causing this, and before anyone asks I have recalibrated it (auto button and face vents together). Or are all older 80's 9000's like this. Ive only ever had 90's 9000's before never this old with the older ACC. Also how do you program the ACC to set what you want the heater to be on when you first get into the car, I read somewhere you can program it to come onto a default setting automatically when you start up and it turns on.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think it's the blower in the box... mine will not switch from vent to anywhere else and it is bothering me. Not sure where the fan motor controler is either.... but it's the thing that opens and closes the flaps in the box for where the air is directed. I am almost positive. This could be your problem too...maybe

Also how do you program the ACC to set what you want the heater to be on when you first get into the car, I read somewhere you can program it to come onto a default setting automatically when you start up and it turns on.[/b]
Never heard that before, i too would like to know this if it is indeed true.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
on the cs you manually set the settings you want to keep, then press the defroster (windscreen) button and the panel (vents 2 arrows with square in middle) simultaneously then wait 30s before switching of the ignition, the acc display and the led's will start flashing when you press the 2 buttons wait the 30s turn off your ignition switch back on and hey presto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts