Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Saab 9000 Carlsson, Really pleased with it, Should the electric aerial come up with the radio power or is there a separate switch, Thanks Simon

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just bought a Saab 9000 Carlsson, Really pleased with it, Should the electric aerial come up with the radio power or is there a separate switch, Thanks Simon[/b]
yes, it should come up with the stereo.

if its an aftermarket stereo whoever put it in may not have connected the blue wire which is the signal to the aerial to extend, either that or you have a duff aerial, which is not that unusual

more details on the Carly please, age, engine, gearbox, colour and shape would be nice

welcome to the fold!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 'post valve' car radios generally have a connection for operating the electrical motor on the antenna...as said klimacher. The post is very old of course...I own a Carlsson (white with original red stripes) and an Anniversary. Nice carsIn chasing info on how many 2.3 Carlssons were made the best available world-wide figure was 329 cars.There were far more 2.0 Litre models. I also have a Cosworth 4x4 Sapphire stored in France...I prefer rear wheel drive vehicles but have owned my SAABs for some 20 years...I flew to Victoria to pick up my Carlsson. I had suspension done by the best there is...Heasmans (Steering and Suspnsion) at Sydenham. I have been a customer there for 58 years. They also replaced all engine mounts..and I then drove it to Queensland. My pristine Anniversary came from Eastern Suburbs. Its turbo was crook. I replaced it and drove it to Qld...great car to drive and abit differnt from the Carlsson. As with the 7 series BMW, SAAB 9000 Carlsson being just somewhat better, the 9000 2.3's are the best drivers car of all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts