Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a clean, 95M black-on-black 9000 Aero with 88K and FSSH. Manual transmission, optional sunroof. Otherwise totally standard and unmolested.

Wondering what I should be asking for the car, and the best avenue for selling it? Would obviously prefer it to go to an enthusiast.

E-bay seems to have fetched some very good prices recently for similar cars -- anyone have experience of selling there? Other avenues I should try?

The new car (not a Saab, sadly) arrives on Friday, so I'm keen to shift this one sooner rather than later.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This forum and ebay have always worked great for me, if you use ebay get a good selection of pictures put on a seperate web page as well as the ones you put on ebay with as many details that will help the sale, put a link on from the auction nice big clear pictures the good bits and the bad, its good to be honest and it will work in your favour. Ive always started my auctions with no reserve and started them at £1, both times they sold off auction for more than I expected.
good luck

·
Registered
222 Posts
E-Bay definetely seems to be the way forward, enthusiasts who are in the market for such cars tend to keep an eye out for them on e-bay and the bidding will mean that you have the best chance of getting a good price for it. Something in the region of £2500 to £3000 would be reasoneable (I paid £2350 for my L-reg '94 Aero FSSH 91k miles last year), more if it's in really nice condition and you get a dedicated buyer.

With e-bay, set a reasoneable starting bid (like 1k) but put on the write up that it's on sale elsewhere and you reserve the right to end the auction at any time (i.e. if the price is not good 5 minutes before the end of the auction, just terminate it and you will not be obliged to sell at the bid price).

Put up plenty of pictures, host them somewhere free (like fotango - www.fotango.com) and just link them in the description to avoid paying e-bay for loads of pics. Be prepared to e-mail people and even meet them to see the car, a little investment of time goes a long way in securing the will to bid a bit higher.

In your title put the words 'saab 9000 aero' so that people who are searching specifically for aeros will get your listing at the top of their searches, these people who know what one is will be more likely to pay a premium for the model.

Alternatively, put it in the classifieds on this site and wait a bit longer for someone to desperately persuade their other half that they just NEED an Aero (or even Another Aero...).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.