Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right, i have this problem and i realy need your help.
when i drive the car normaly, the problem does not happen, but when i put my foot down, at about 4500/5000 rpm it dies for half a second then continues as normal, this happens in every gear.

would could be causing this, i have 2 theroys, 1)the roter arm has a hair line crack or 2)something wrong with the ECU

please help me, thanx

luke

·
Registered
970 Posts
If it happens and after 'dying' returns to the same revs and does it again, then I think it might be the overboost protection coming in. where abouts is your boost guage at the same time? (ie is it at its peak point).

·
Registered
75 Posts
You're giving it too much welly,ease off a bit and watch out for speed cameras or you won't have to worry much longer. Your car is more than capable of getting you from A to B without driving it hard. If you are not putting your foot down too much then you could well have a prob with the overboost protection. Mine does the same if I give it welly!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
No rotor arm on your car - Luke.

You can get the boost on your turbo reduced to stop the problem, or relax in the knowledge that you are getting full boost - and available power - so long as you don't hit the peddle toooo hard.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It will be overboost protection.
If you can look at the turbo gauge while trying to break the sound barrier, check this:
the needle should move into the red area, perhaps a quarter of the way in. It should then drop back to the orange/red border.
If the needle goes well into the red (half way or a little over) then the electronics cut fuel for an instant.
You might have a slight leak on the 'W' rubber pipe leading to the black wastegate control valve thingy. There are three black pipes going to this valve (top right hand side of radiator on my car) and if you look carefullt one of these three pipes is marked W. Just see whether that is holed or badly
fixed. It is also possible that a previous owner has put a 'bleed valve' into the 'W' tube - if this is so then just turn the valve down a bit (anticlockwise looking at the adjuster).
Aso my son who knows everything about turbos says you should not bury your foot for top acceleration. Instead, ease the throttle down, increasing the push as you go. It does seem to be better that way.
Don't you hate it when your children know more than you do!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Out of interest, why does 'progressive' accelerator movement give better results?

Although with the current weather, we have choice, flooring it in first or second at any speed produces wheelspin!

Skiddins

PS. Yes i drive quite hard, but not 'till everythings warmed up nicely, and i never just thrash it!
Whats the pointin buying the Aero if you don't use the extra power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.