Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've just been given my first Saab. A friend of my brothers wanted it off his drive, and told me if I pick it up it's mine!

It's a 1991 Turbo 16V with lots of leather and electrical toys to play with.

Bloody great it is too, by far the nicest car I've ever owned. I've fallen for it in a big way and want to run it for as long as I can. However,

It does need a few things doing to it and I would like some advice, it needs a new set of tyres which I have bought, but not yet fitted. One of my road wheels has a fairly large dent in it, and is probably the cause of the vibration I can feel as I drive forwards. I can get a set of brand new Saab 900 steel wheels for 25quid, but will they fit my 9000?

Also can I fit a rear window wiper to my hatchback lid? The guy's got one of those too (with motor and wiring), but I'm not bothered if it's a difficult job.

Cheers in advance for any advice anyone can give.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene

If the wheels come from a 1988 on classic 900 (ie not a GM900) then they will fit. If you're on alloys at the moment it might also be worth looking around the classified and on the SOC and Saab Trader ads to see if there is a single wheel to match going spare.

Not sure on the rear wiper motor stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.