Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone tell me if a steering lock was fitted to the 2005 9-5 estate? My son has just had a minor defect put on his car for the steering lock not working. We always believed that no steering lock was ever on these models. The test station system lists his car as a 9-3, which I believe has a steering lock, although the VOSA certificate shows it as a 9-5. Could this be where the confusion occurs?
Many thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2004 build 95 and I have never been aware of a steering lock, my wife has a 2006 93 and when you put the keys keys in the ignition you can hear the steering column lock unlock, my 95 doesn't so I am sure there is no lock

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, can anyone tell me if a steering lock was fitted to the 2005 9-5 estate? My son has just had a minor defect put on his car for the steering lock not working. We always believed that no steering lock was ever on these models. The test station system lists his car as a 9-3, which I believe has a steering lock, although the VOSA certificate shows it as a 9-5. Could this be where the confusion occurs?
Many thanks
I've had 4 9-5's and none of them had steering lock.

As far as I'm aware, the 9-5 never had it. It used a gear lock instead. The Autos have to be in Park and the manuals have to be in reverse.

Frank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts