Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Saab 9-5 estate 2.0t silver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2001 9-5 estate last December. Its immaculate and done 74000 miles but it had idling issues. I have changed all the perished vacuum pipes from the inlet manifold or as many as I can find and it runs and starts fine but when left to idle, it wants to rev up to 2000 rpm or drop down to 900rpm and is lumpy or even stalls. Switching the zircon off or on makes a difference but I think that's on the compressor loading the engine. Anyone have any ideas on the problem; I would be most grateful
Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most common would be a vacuum leak. Another would be bad mass air flow sensor. You don't say what motor you have in the car, but those are pretty common faults but also can be the direct ignition cassette.

·
Registered
2001 Saab 9-5 estate 2.0t silver
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I have replaced all the 4mm vacuum hoses I can find but not the larger ones. I have cleaned the MAF sensor but will now check its resistance. When normal driving, the car runs very smoothly with no misfiring, even under hard acceleration so I haven't touched the ignition cassette. The engine is a 2.0T petrol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts