Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. First post here so I’m hoping I’m posting in the right place. I have a 2010 9-5 Aero ttid, 110k. I’ve had no end of problems with it over the last 12 months and here’s another one. Roughly 2 months ago I noticed the revs fluctuating a little and the engine surging on idle. It only seemed to do it when the engine was cold and the outside temperature was warm. Once you got going it would be fine. I’d start it up after a night shift (air temp cold) and it would be fine. Now it’s doing it all the time. And more violently. I had it ticking over the other day and unplugged the maf which made the car run as if it had just come out of the factory. I know this is because the car gets put in to a default setting but I’m wondering if it is maf related. I’m putting a new one on today. Any advice would be great as I’m running out of patience, sanity and money.
Thanks everyone.
Richard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone. First post here so I’m hoping I’m posting in the right place. I have a 2010 9-5 Aero ttid, 110k. I’ve had no end of problems with it over the last 12 months and here’s another one. Roughly 2 months ago I noticed the revs fluctuating a little and the engine surging on idle. It only seemed to do it when the engine was cold and the outside temperature was warm. Once you got going it would be fine. I’d start it up after a night shift (air temp cold) and it would be fine. Now it’s doing it all the time. And more violently. I had it ticking over the other day and unplugged the maf which made the car run as if it had just come out of the factory. I know this is because the car gets put in to a default setting but I’m wondering if it is maf related. I’m putting a new one on today. Any advice would be great as I’m running out of patience, sanity and money.
Thanks everyone.
Richard.
Just put a new maf sensor in and still runs bad.. Help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put a new maf sensor in and still runs bad.. Help!
Often these things are related to vacuum hoses. Have you tried taking out the air filter? I don't really think that's the problem, but it's a matter elimination. If you've got an OBDII, you can check for fault codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Often these things are related to vacuum hoses. Have you tried taking out the air filter? I don't really think that's the problem, but it's a matter elimination. If you've got an OBDII, you can check for fault codes.
Thanks for the reply. I had it scanned yesterday whilst it was running and faulting. It’s looking like fuel pressure regulator. I can’t find one anywhere! Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I previously owned a TTID NG 9-5 and suffered a similar issue, spent hundreds if not thousands having it investigated with numerous sensors and an egr valve being replaced. The car gave a few fault codes over the months, but none of these, when repaired, cured the issue.
I eventually had the vehicle treated by TerraClean as I always thought it was more of a fuel/fuelling issue, certainly the 'hunting' was far worse using supermarket fuel compared to the likes of BP etc. The guy did two cleans of the engine, the smell the 1st time was horrendous! This cured the issue and the car felt totally different, and compared to the investigatory work, sensors and EGR valve was cheap!
I then only ran BP Ultimate diesel as I noted normal diesel made the car a little rougher to drive and I felt this would keep the 'clean' engine clean for longer and until the vehicle was sadly written off many miles later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I previously owned a TTID NG 9-5 and suffered a similar issue, spent hundreds if not thousands having it investigated with numerous sensors and an egr valve being replaced. The car gave a few fault codes over the months, but none of these, when repaired, cured the issue.
I eventually had the vehicle treated by TerraClean as I always thought it was more of a fuel/fuelling issue, certainly the 'hunting' was far worse using supermarket fuel compared to the likes of BP etc. The guy did two cleans of the engine, the smell the 1st time was horrendous! This cured the issue and the car felt totally different, and compared to the investigatory work, sensors and EGR valve was cheap!
I then only ran BP Ultimate diesel as I noted normal diesel made the car a little rougher to drive and I felt this would keep the 'clean' engine clean for longer and until the vehicle was sadly written off many miles later.
Thanks so much. I’ve had a terra/carbon clean done before on previous diesels. I’ll get one booked in. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your reply and I’m sorry your 9-5 was written off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts