Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to "upgrade" my Saab's sound system but i dind't found any usefull aftermarket radio. I searched everywhere and everything and i found this thing called Bluesaab. It's an emulator for the stock CD changer that let's you play your on mp3 music via bluetooth or usb. Is there anyone here who has a blusaab for sale? The other thing i found is the Dension gateway 500 but it's really expensive for me. Any suggestions?

Thank you and have a safe drive everyone!;)

Sincerely,
Silent Enemy

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard the good ship saabscene silent Enemy .
Bluesaab only works on the 1998-2002 models
You don't say anything about model year on yours so at a bit of a loss to help / advise you .
But in the heading you ref the 9-3 ss so I'm thinking yours is a 2002 onwards .sports saloon .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome aboard the good ship saabscene silent Enemy .
Bluesaab only works on the 1998-2002 models
You don't say anything about model year on yours so at a bit of a loss to help / advise you .
But in the heading you ref the 9-3 ss so I'm thinking yours is a 2002 onwards .sports saloon .
Hello and thank you lizzard-t. Mine is a 2003 9-3ss (second gen) with ICM2 and onboard multi CD changer. In a bluesaab forum someone told me that the new V6 version works with my Saab but the problem is that noone selling a pre-assembled module.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have the Aux enabled you should be able to use any of the cheap Bluetooth adapters ie
I have an AUX input and i'm using an FM transmitter currently but i want to achieve a better sound quality and i want to be able to change folders, tracks, etc. The transmitter solution is **** and the aux is worse. I don't use the CD changer so i thought that there's an easy way to bypass that modul with something (like the bluesaab) more usefull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts