Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab 9-3 conv. YS3F 2.0t 210hp / 154kw from 2005 seem to lack power / no turbo in the 1st gear

984 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 ·
Dear Saab experts, I have some trouble sometimes (but not all the time) with my car speeding up in low gear. It sometimes appear to lack power in 1st gear and stutter when pushing the accelerator, first when it moves to 2nd gear (it’s an automatic) it start to run more smoothly and the turbo seem to function again. Notably in this situation I also can’t use my cruise control...

I already had the fuel pump module replace recently and the problems went a way for a while, but recently it resurfaced again. Would anybody of you out there have a clue what this can be?

let me know,
much appreciated
regards Mark

#2 ·
Hello mark , how long since having the fuel pump module to when this had stated?
If not long then I would be inclined to take it back .
Or if you have or can get hold of opcom and do some live data read outs as it's intermittent.
Have you checked simple stuff like spark plugs ?

#3 ·
Not saying this is the answer to Your engine problems, but can't hurt to check and its a low cost buy. The vacuum tube from the Turbo to the Booster brake, and then to the Intake Manifold. Mine was cracked/broke at two places, each at the "one way air valves". SAAB $60. Advance Auto $30. Called "vacuum assembly".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.