Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my new 9-3 for about two months now. Is really is a great car! However, I have a few nuisances with the NavSat. Maybe you people recognize these and (hopefully) know what the heck is going on or ever how to get rid of it.

• I always drive with my NavSat on - even on roads I know very well - because of the traffic information. But sometimes I just don’t want to hear this woman’s voice, especially when I am listening to my iPod. I have a Bluetooth carkit for my phone and when a call is going on the system nicely just beeps when I need to change roads or something. How do I turn on this nice beep instead of the woman’s voice?

• When my NavSat talks there is a kind of a hiss in the woman’s voice. It is really irritating! I asked the dealer to get rid of this hiss but (as usual with dealers) they got no clue as how to repair it or even where the problem lies.

Anyone experiencing the same problems? Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also often use mine just for the traffic information, but in a slightly different way.

If it's roads I know, I set the SatNav to "map view" & zoom out a bit. Any suspect roads are highlighted in orange & easy to spot with an occasional glance.

HTH.

I've also checked the voice & it seems pretty hiss free. Stange fault

·
Registered
22 Posts
In the settings you can turn her voice down completely and turn up the radio/cd/MP3 volume to the normal level when an announcement is due which should mean just the change in the SID display and only a slight change in radio volume! Bit of a faff and far from ideal but have used this method with success!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.