Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
first post on this forum.

I am the proud owner of a 9-3 aero sportwagon. Uk 55 plate. I’ve had it since 2008 and it’s been great. got it as a stop gap as our family grew but love it so much ended up keeping it.

two minor things I need advice on;

the shark fin aerial has rubber that has perished over the last cold winter. The car doesn’t have satnav or a phone so is that just a dummy aerial? Or do I need to replace it with a wired replacement? If it is just a dummy any recommendations on how to replace it?

secondly, the CD player is broken. It’s the mechanism to eject the cd that’s gone. My mobile mechanic said a replacement unit is needed. Are replacements easily sought and easy to fit?
Thanks all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd forget about the CD player - do you have a smart phone where you can load all your music and an Aux-in on the head unit? Use that instead.
The shark-fin antenna is a dummy - PartsForSaabs.com sell them and its an easy replacement. Have to get under the headlining.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all!
first post on this forum.

I am the proud owner of a 9-3 aero sportwagon. Uk 55 plate. I’ve had it since 2008 and it’s been great. got it as a stop gap as our family grew but love it so much ended up keeping it.

two minor things I need advice on;

the shark fin aerial has rubber that has perished over the last cold winter. The car doesn’t have satnav or a phone so is that just a dummy aerial? Or do I need to replace it with a wired replacement? If it is just a dummy any recommendations on how to replace it?

secondly, the CD player is broken. It’s the mechanism to eject the cd that’s gone. My mobile mechanic said a replacement unit is needed. Are replacements easily sought and easy to fit?
Thanks all!
The rubber on mine perished too. Mine is not a dummy, it is wired. Pop the rear headlining just in front of the tailgate, from there you have access. Took mine off, stripped the perished rubber, polished the plastic, looks like new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts