Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Boxing Day all.

I want to remove the external front n/s drvers (uk car) door handle, of a 2011 9-3.

I bought the car a few months back as a project car. It only had one remote with it, the emergency key does not open the door. I ordered a replacement key from Orio, it does not open the car so it must of had a replacement door lock. From what I have read their is a 13mm nut that holds the door to the lock. Mine seems to have some sort of black component on the inside of the handle. Does anyone know how to remove that, I don't want to break anything.

Regards
Les

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably all is well with your lock, it just blocked due to non-use. Spray the WD40 into the keyhole, wait and turn the key intensively from left to right. Repeat WD40...good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seen Your post Saabahoudini, I will try that tomorrow.
Many thanks
Les

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I think the barrel must of been changed, I tried for about 20 minutes this morning. I could not get it to work. Always worth a try though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have details or a diagram from WIS, I have a Haynes manual. It does not show the how to remove the lock barrel on a 2011 9-3 saloon. Although it is supposed to cover the later Years. Can anyone help please, I have managed to buy a second hand barrel with a key.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still cannot remove the door handle, to change the door lock cylinder. Following the WIS instructions, I cannot find any videos on You tube either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts