Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a SAAB 9-3 TTID (2011 model) which I have owned for a week. I'm really pleased with the car except for an intermittent issue with the front passenger door lock.

Sometimes when the car is unlocked with the fob, the passenger door stays locked. The snib goes fully up (as if it has unlocked) and the door mechanism sounds like it has moved. But the door will not open. If I try and open it from inside it is still locked. If I press the driver lock and unlock button, the snib moves up and down normally but the door stays locked. The only way to get it to unlock is to use the fob to re-lock and unlock the car.

This is a very strange issue. The place I bought it from have already fitted a brand new lock to the car but the issue persists. Has anyone else seen this strange issue?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yes, by a very strange coincidence, this has just started happening to my own car just this weekend gone. Rear offside door lock works intermittently on the key fob. Never done it before in the six and a half years I've owned the car then all of a sudden, door lock works when it feels like it. Like you, I have no idea why this has just started to happen and I've no idea how to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Could be the multi plug between the door and the frame , could have corrosion on some of the pins ,
Esp if you have had a new door lock assembly fitted and it's still doing it .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts