Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since all mods usually result in higher premiums, does the Saab 192BHP tuning kit attract less loading than, say, Hirsch or Maptun? can anyone who has fitted this kit report their experience?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
woofage, see my post in this thread. - bottom line is a fair hike. Some companies wouldn't quote for a modified car - mine is with Norwich Union via the Institute of Advanced Motorists insurance brokers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
A few of us are using Frizzell's, who don't charge extra for any modifications - the only thing you can't do is change engine capacity (CC). There have been a couple of quite recent threads on insurance in this or the general forum.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ta for the info.

I think this may be irrelevant because another member has informed me that the upgrade is for 2-litre 9-5's only, not 9-3's. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I understand that there is a 154 BHP to 170 BHP Saab upgrade for T5 93 and a 150BHP to 185BHP for T7 93 (which is the same as the 95 engine upgrade)

Asked dealer for quote to the T5 upgrade €800 for 16BHP
Didn't take it not worth 16BHP

He did say there were no insurance issues as know one could tell and he wouldn't.

Eoin

·
Registered
295 Posts
Around here, the 192 HP kit has been replaced with a 185 HP org. SAAB kit for the 9-5 and 170 HP for the 9-3! This upgrade is off. SAAB with full warrenty and TüV approved! Concerning the actual HP output its up to you to declear the difference with your incurance company!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts