·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a couple of these...
its time to do something about them
Last year I got them "seen to " which lasted a year
I need to get the rust cut out and properly painted
Anybody know who could do a good job here ?

It is probably a job for a proper restoration company who can deal with the rust issues properly
I will take the car wherever to get a good job
any suggestions ?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]It is probably a job for a proper restoration company who can deal with the rust issues properly[/qb][/b]
20th Century Classics in Stonehaven? I think you know the chap who runs it and not a million miles from you (but not on your doorstep, either). Seen some of their bodywork in progress and was very impressed!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]might be a bit too modern for him....[/qb][/b]
Still built from the same stuff as many of the cars I've seen there and suffers from the same type of problem. One of the cars I saw having bodywork done there was a fairly modern Jag (early '90s, I think).

I'd be confident that if they fix it, it'll be fixed for a long time.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Does anyone make repair panels for the 9000 rear arches (if rears) ie: Veng,SVG etc?? worth checking out! As you say they only way to get rid for once and all is to cut the rot out and peice with fresh metal. A good accident repair centre/coach builder should be able to roll a sheet of steel to your measurements but it's not cheap and a dying art nowadays

Just make sure the repairer will give a written warranty to there repairs, If they won't walk away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.