Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy the Rubber hose from that Saab's use on the throttle housing, and for the fuel regulator and all the other vacuum hose uses. Mine are looking decidedly iffy and the main dealer will charge the earth which I don't wanna pay.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The main dealer price for SAAB hosing is £7.50 per metre. It comes on a 5 m roll so that's about £44 inc the VAT. But it does say ECO on it My dealer took pity on me and gave me two metres for free

The stuff demon tweeks sell is by Samco and come in red or blue, as Neil says works out £3 per metre, and looks pretty Just about to replace all my 900 hoses with it.

Oh and beware of Saturday boys in autofactors trying to sell you washer/wiper hose: It will not work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thinking about replacing the vacuum hoses to my dump valve. Been to Samco and demon-tweeks sites, but I dont know the internal diameter or wall thickness.
Anyone got any ideas?
Stu

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My Samco hoses have arrived and are fitted but their 3mm looks like 2mm to me. You may want to consider getting the 4x2 instead. I've seen someone suggest 6mm internals but that seems way to big to me.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Did you 'phone them or do it off the net? I paid £11.99 for 3m of 4x2. When I got the total figure off the net it was £17.50
but I think that must include a worst case scenario on p&p.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I got them from Demon Tweeks (tel 01978 664466). They came next day by regular post. 4mm internal x 2mm external seems the right size (matches the SAAB hose size). A single pack (3m) worked out fine for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.