Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this to their 9000 ?
I know it is a relatively popular mod for 900's
I did it myself and it did improve response..
but I wonder about the 9000..the oem is very small and the fse regulator being a lot larger would probably have to be mounted
'off engine'and having lots of hoses with hi-pressure fuel is a scary thought ..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Abbott Racing don't recommend the use of these. Dunno why though but it's probably 'cos they don't sell them and their competitors do

The FSE RRFPR is available for the 9000 though so presumably it fits in the space available?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
If this is the FSE Power Boost Valve thing, I had one fitted to my first 9000, a 2.0i 16v, and noticed no difference whatsoever.

However, I think they are designed for use with Turbo's anyway - definately wouldn't recommend for a non-turbo, but couldn't comment for a Turbo.

Am I talking about the same thing?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi ylee coyote sorry I didn't reply earlier, had a few days off from the computer (when you run a computer shop you get fed up with them after a while!!)

As some ppl have allready mentioned, you won't necessarily notice a differance with them unless your running higer boost or race cams.

What they do do is supply a higher pressure of fuel (er obvious!!) so that when you are on boost you dont go lean and cause pre ignition.
They can help to make throttle response slightly better and in some cases actually give better MPG.

They are a must have item if your going the high boost route.

Damian

·
Registered
403 Posts
ylee coyote,

Hi again, I didn't read your post totay right (Doh Monday head on again )

It fits in the same place with major probs, But I would advise (to do it propper) to get it set up on a rolling road or at least on a sun diagnostics modual.

or you just don't know if your over fueling.

D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had a FSE valve fitted by Trent Saab last year to my carly, it won't be an earth shattering moment if you have one fitted, I think the biggest performance gain was achieved by the weight removal of over a hundered pounds from my wallet...(very pleased with Trent Saab tho

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.