Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just jumped from GM900 forum and am hoping one of you non DI guys can help I can't get the rotar arm off my 1996 900 2.o (n/a) Is there a knack to it as it doesn't want to budge....does it need to be aligned?? I've bought an replacement part (bosch) and it should be a pull off/push on. Or am I missing smthg?

TIA
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers BillJ. Yes, the Bosch replacement I bought is a push on one. Why the hell is the original (Bosch)one glued?? What would you crush it with...large pliers?

Much appreciated

Regs
Al

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Yes, large pliers should do it. How about the pliers that come in the tool kit (if you haven't got them, they're adjustable water pump pliers).

According to Haynes, you're supposed to apply "locking fluid" (whatever that is) to the new arm. Threadlock?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Bill

I've got the Haynes (green cover for the NG900)and I could find no mention of 'how to remove the rotar arm' or even that the damned thing was glued on!

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.