Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could anyone suggest a good product for cleaning the cloth roof, I’ve got the black power roof, and it’s looking like it needs to be cleaned somewhat, any advice, or tips, would be gratefully received.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
A friend of mine used to use Fabsil (available from most camping shops) to clean and re-proof the hood on his Audi convertible - I'm not sure if the Saab roof is made out of the same material.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

Could anyone suggest a good product for cleaning the cloth roof, I’ve got the black power roof, and it’s looking like it needs to be cleaned somewhat, any advice, or tips, would be gratefully received.

Thanks[/b]

·
Registered
25 Posts
i only use auto glym on my car and they do a special shampoo for soft tops . its fantastic . about £15 a bottle but well worth it

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried Auto Glym (i think - got it from Halfords in kit for about £25), but it didn't work so well. Previous owner had let a lot of stuff build up on roof, so maybe that was the problem.
Bought a full Renovo kit (about £70 i think) and it was well worth the effort. Spent a couple of days doing it in all, (and it helps if you have somewhere dry to keep the car in that time!), one go at cleaning, two coats of colour (think it's available in black and blue), and two coats of weather proofing, and the roof looked good as new.
Ideally it should be done twice a year i think, and i have now left it 18 months..... but the colour is still better than before i cleaned it, especially considering i now have to leave the car on the road all the time.
I think i bought the kit from Elkparts, but probably available from other sources too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bring back to life with te "renove" and then keep clean with wash liquid from a camping shop for washing waterproof jackets. It keep the "newly cleaned" look and doesn't impact on water repellant effect of the Renovo...........and make sure you clean right into the crevice at the edges above the windows with a briush - lots of gunk can lurk in there!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the sound of the Renovo stuff but after watching the Youtube clips I have no where to do it as my car is parked on the street : (
Was gonna give the AG stuff a try in the mean time although my dealership said not to use anything ??

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My dealer used to sell the Renovo kits for this purpose. I have used it on a (non Saab) convertible with excellent results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts