Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether should post this here or in recommendation but decided that as it's performance related I'd put it here - apologies if wrong.

Has anybody used the services of these people

Airey Tuning in Alresford

I want to get the NG900 run up on the dyno when it's finally back and these are just up the road from me.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Not used them, but Tom Airey used to be the head workshop bod at the Crossroad Garage, main Saab agents for mid-Hampshire (now a mini-housing estate!).

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
You also have Patrick Merry of Alresford Motor Services, a trained Saab tech. Nice chap, no nonsense - has serviced a couple of my Saabs

Re: rolling road - interesting stuff and a nice part of the country, too

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by MikeLoadsaSaabs:
[qb]Not used them, but Tom Airey used to be the head workshop bod at the Crossroad Garage, main Saab agents for mid-Hampshire (now a mini-housing estate!). [/qb][/b]
That sounds good enough to me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll talk to Tom Airey tomorrow and get some feedback from him on having a Saabscene day (poss discounts, etc).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Although, if you fancy the drive, Emerald is probably more accurate and they might well give ou more infomation. They do runs including the boost and Lambda sensor data for £25 and you can get all the figures outputted on disk.

Oh, lunch is also included.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
..but it is a bl00dy long way from Brighton to Watton, Jez!
Alresford is more manageable. Depending on the date, I'd like to come down and join you guys

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right, I've had a brief chat to Tom Airey re a Saabscene outing. Ideal numbers are 10-15 with a max of 20. Cost for a run would be in the region of £35.00 but,unfortunately no printouts.
Not as good value as Emerald I'm afraid but if people are still inteterested then let me know and once I've got a better idea of numbers I'll see what I can do to improve the deal.

1. Ian Wigg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just enquired with a garage in Bury as to how much a rolling road run would cost and they quoted me £80
,suppose I will have to guess my output.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thats a few quid more than the place in Southampton would charge for "just looking" (i.e. no adjustments). However, its a chance to meet up with other Saabsceners so count me in.

1. Ian Wigg
2. Mike Hunter

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Sorry Ian, I'm really after good data about my fuelling etc. As there would be no printout, please discount me from this event. Might make it for the social side of things though, if the date suits.

Nick.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've found that there is also a place near here (Hartney Witney) which has a rolling road AND provides prinouts, etc. I'm going to get in touch with them as well and see what they can offer. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got in touch with AH Motorsports in Hartney Witney (Just outside Farnham and a short hop from the M3.) They can do a rolling road day for us for about £25.00 per car. This would include a power run with a full set of printouts. We'd need to get around 10-15 cars so if anyone's interested let me know.

1. Me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts