Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a regular at the Ring with my Saab 9-3 Viggen CV, but the last few times (since Eric B left Germany ), I have been the only Saab driver there. So if anyone fancies going there, just drop me a short PM, I can be there on short notice

It would be nice to see other Saabs on the Ring!

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah, I really wish I could be there. Now the only Ring driving I get to do is on the XBox games, Project Gotham Racing 2 and Forza Motorsports.

If I ever make the trip to Germany to visit my wife's family, I'll have to at leaast take a rental up there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I am there 16th-19th september can't wait there should be a few cars going but i have the only saab so far.so would be great to meet you there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm off there at the end of this month (29 July -1 Aug). I'm taking the 9k aero with a mate and one of his friends was going to come in his tuned Civic, but has had to back out.

I'm really looking forward to it but at the same time have to admit at being sh*t scared and also worried that I may trash the car

It would be great to meet up with any other Saab owners, particularly anyone with experience who can offer any advice to keep it on the road (or ring )

Zahid

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'd be up for it providing the timings are acceptable.... I have another trip to Germany in mid September...

something to do with tents, beer and Munich

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

me and a Saab-racing friend of mine are going to be at the Ring on third and fourth of September. On 3rd, Kai is participating at a race, on 4th, the Ring is open for the public.

We are probably going to stay at Center Parcs Heilbachsee, and are doing a BBQ on Saturday evening ...

Anyone interested in participating?

Yours,

Philip

P.S. I just added some pictures of my most recent track days to my web page. More to come!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by WelshWizard:
[qb]I must be some sort of social pariah      

as soon as I put my name to something it appears to become a non-event    [/qb][/b]
Don't take it personally WW, I've had to cry off the event my mates are organising as I want to try and buy a house ASAP so I need to watch the quids.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi folks

just got back from the Nurburgring. Absolutely knackered, so much driving!

Well what can I say, what an experience No computer game can prepare you for the real thing!!! It's amazing, but bloody scary at the same time

I managed a 10 min 43 sec time on my last lap (5 laps driven) but had to give up because of a gearbox oil leak :roll: which has always been there but is a little worse now. Oh, I've also killed the tyres and brakes

The aero was ok(ish) there but is a very heavy car so need to shed some weight if and when I go again. Also need bigger rubber, maybe 225's.
Otherwise it behaved well but sadly when you get it on a track like that you can't escape from the fact that it's a bit of a big and heavy barge. Saying that though I'm still on the stock suspension (upgraded bushes and rear arb) so with a good set up who knows.

Some really impressive machinery there (incl. a Countach
) loads of Porsche's and Impreza's. Will post some pictures soon.

Bit dissapointed with GT4 now as the developers have'nt got the gradients right. In the game the tracks more or less flat, well it ain't like that in the real thing

We were planning on leaving Nurburg today but because of the gearbox thing we decided to leave yesterday and drove up to....... Amsterdam of all places. Welll it was my mate's b'day yesterday Mmmm, anyone for hash tea

So starting out on Fri, drove to Germany through France and Belgium (via the tunnel) and then yesterday, Germany to Belguim to Holland and then today Holland through Belgium to France and now back. I think I'll go to sleep now!

Will post some pics soon.

Zahid

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I´ve also been there on Saturday, but sadly I didn´t meet ZARS. I will post a few pictures.

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Originally posted by Aerohead:
[qb]I plan to be at the Ring on Sunday 18th Sept. and likely Sat. the 17th as well.

Anyone interested in trying to meet-up? [/qb][/b]
Alas, not a good weekend, as I will be enjoying another of Germany's attraction - BEER!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Beer is good! and they have it near the Ring, but it does not mix with driving on the Ring.

You need to keep your priorites clear though...

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Zars
glad you got back without any Saab/armco interface events...
10 mins hmmm gives me something to aim at

235 section tyres is the way to go ...(if your rims are wide enough)
been on the ps2 as well
keep stuffing it into the armco tho...

still planning for september

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I managed a 9:11 lap on GT3 without going off in a Volvo S60 T5. Closest thing to a Saab in the game, in that it's big'n'evvy'n'FWD. Did a sub 9 but with a bit of grass tracking!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be with you in september. Just don´t aim for the 26th, as I want to go to Spa-Francorchamps on that day

Yours,

Philip

1 - 20 of 30 Posts