Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last couple of days I have noticed a problem with the rev counter on my '92 CD B202. On start up yesterday the needle did not rise at all. Car drivng fine btw, 5-10 mins into my journey it started to slowly rise and eventually resumed normal operation. This morning it rose but steadily climbed to about 2000rpm.Then 5-10 mins into the journey it resumed normal operation. Car driving fine. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just guessing but it could be some kind of electrical contact at the back of the panel... I know theres a connector block or two going into the back of the speedo/rev counter array. Im sure some of the guys on here might be able to pin point it a wee bit finer.

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Had this myself... the cold weather causes the lubricant on the spindle to become more viscous/treacle like, and thus more difficult to move. Once you've been driving for a while, things warm up and it unsticks.

You can try taking it out, cleaning it and re-lubing but it's a v fiddly job (and doesn't always work). In the end I just got a s/h one from a breaker and put that in instead.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
On my Carly I've a lazy speedo.

If you don't drive that car for a week or more, when you do the speedo doesn't start to register until you are doing 30, the next start it's 25, and after 10+ journeys it's back to working normally.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.