Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Retrofit auto-dim rearview to 09 9-5 Est

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mark e 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just got my hands on an auto dim rearview mirror for my 09 9-5 Turbo Edition est. Before I go wiring it into a power source does anyone know if these models were fitted with the plug socket for the mirror in the roof area? I have had a fiddle around and I cannot find anything.

Any ideas and also any idea where to look for it?

Ta.

#3 ·
"Best idea is don't do it. Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but having had both auto and manual dimming on recent 9-5 Aeros manual wins hands down. With the auto there are times when it barely seems to make any difference at all."

Have the auto dimming mirror on my 9-5 and it works well and responds quickly, possibly yours is faulty?

To fit you just need power supply and earth, ignition switched supply for preference. If you have a sunroof you could pick up a supply there or one of the roof lights? I doubt if the mirror draws much current.

#4 ·
I have seen the instructions that Platanoff posted on another forum, but was hoping to find a connector. Guessing it may not have one. Despite late 09/early 10 TID's having them pre-fitted mine has not but I was kinda hoping the wiring might already be there so it looks like another wiring job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.