Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a newcomer to using any forum, my questions will probably be somewhat dim-witted, so please excuse me in advance.
They are prompted by reading the postings on email scammers.
When placing an ad, the 'contact seller' method seems to be an automatic option for response, but exactly how does this work when an enquirer clicks it?
Is an enquirer/possible scammer automatically given the seller's email address? Can the seller specify other forms of enquiry, e.g. phone only?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
No, the enquirer is not given your email address. You get a system generated email with the contact details of the person who is interested in your ad (they have to supply their name and email in order to initiate the contact). You can then choose to respond to it or not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
No, the enquirer is not given your email address. You get a system generated email with the contact details of the person who is interested in your ad (they have to supply their name and email in order to initiate the contact). You can then choose to respond to it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to reply to an e mail after being contacted re an ad, but the mail is being returned by the server. Because I now can't get in touch with them, is there anyway that a message can be passed back through you guys?

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

I tried to reply to an e mail after being contacted re an ad, but the mail is being returned by the server. Because I now can't get in touch with them, is there anyway that a message can be passed back through you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

The advertiser's email might bounce because:
- they entered their email address incorrectly (not uncommon)
- their mailbox was full when you tried
- there were other problems that prevented the email being delivered
- or some other reason.

The software merely acts as a go-between and does not publicly show the vendor's email address. It is up to the vendor to ensure that they have entered their contact details correctly. I am afraid that we are not able to get a message through if you aren't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts