Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If I am wrong someone will correct me,as far as I remember the waste-gate itself is part and parcel of the turbo,or do you mean the w/gate actuator? If so all that holds that on are two 10mm bolts and a spring clip,10 minutes tops.
Mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by heyes:
[qb]My aero appears to have over-boost and I think it might be the wastegate. How easy and how long does it take to change it. [/qb][/b]
Might be worth checking the pipes from the turbo and wastegate, as I recently had a simular problem and it turned out to be a split in the hose from the wastegate to the APC solenoid (if that's what the thing on the top of the rad is called).

Hope you get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If its the wastegate actuator its £200 from the dealers. I tried a different route with an aftermarket jobber and it didn't fit. A fella in Malaysia (I think) tried the same and got the same problems.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I got my replacement actuator from Turbo Technices. They charged about £100 all-in which included testing my old one to see what spring rate and travel I needed. their technicians were very helpful too.

Wul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts