Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas out there ?

I've a 96 MY 2.0 Eco LPT.

Would like to replace/upprate my exhaust and had thought about a JT exhaust. Some questions:

First, What's the downpipe, and does that come with the complete JT exhaust or is it a separate add on item ?

Second, who can i get to fit it and how much roughly ?

The Elkparts site lists an exhaust for my car but without a downpipe, for about £350 odd inc vat but no fitting. They recommend WMSS - about an hour from me - to fit. Any one used them/how much did they charge etc ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
382 Posts
if you can afford it it well worth buying the down pipe and sports cat as well. on my maptun tuned car these items made a HUGE difference. the complete system costs 550 delivered. i got my local exhaust centre to fit the system it took them 3 hours they charged me 70, i do however know them fairly well, the job they said was ok but tricky at the front.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I fitted a full JT System supplied by MapTun myself and yes, it was tricky at the front, but just because it was hell to get out the oxygen-sensor. The whole job took me 4 hours and did not cost a single cent. Mind you, I am NO car mechanic... changing an exhaust is no magic ;-)

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
374 Posts
I already have speedparts cat back exhaust..

I was thinking..i could just by the JT 3in d.p. w/out cat and either find a sports one for cheap here in the states and cut and weld..or just use my stock cat and cut and weld....

yes, no??

on my 2000 9-3
Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
One can just buy the downpipe (~$275, maybe a little cheaper in £'s) separately. I used a universal 3" cat', made here in the 'states - IIRC, it was about $85.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Any recommendations about removing the O2 sensor? I imaging it can be well corroded and don't really want to damage it as they are about £80 aren't they - I have a JT front pipe to fit myself? Does WD40 damage it?

Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just removed the entire pipe before I attacked the O2 sensors. The wires lead up to a connection just slightly underneath the left side of the throttle body. These connectors can be removed from here and the whole thing pulled out. This allowed me to make sure the wrench got a good hold on the sensor and enabled me to get better leverage on it to more easily loosen it. I also reinstalled them this way and then put the pipe in the car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by Eric (9-3 Hirsch):
[qb]I just removed the entire pipe before I attacked the O2 sensors.  The wires lead up to a connection just slightly underneath the left side of the throttle body.  These connectors can be removed from here and the whole thing pulled out.  This allowed me to make sure the wrench got a good hold on the sensor and enabled me to get better leverage on it to more easily loosen it.  I also reinstalled them this way and then put the pipe in the car. [/qb][/b]
Although I knew you had done it that way, it didn´t work like that on my Trionic 7 car. I couldn´t find a connector, the cable just dissappeared somewhere ;-)

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
64 Posts
Where is the nearest Exhaust seller/fitter near NOTTINGHAM UK? I dont seem to have much joy over the internet! Anyone recommend someone close to me? Thanx Just for information its a 9-3 Aero 2002 (manual)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts