Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 9000 Turbo and I want to replace the two mufflers by myself to save money. Looking on the web for the parts to do the job I found two Chassis types 5D H/BACK-ONLY or EXC.5DR-H/BACK. I am unsure which I have. This makes a difference in the rear muffler part number. Does anyone know how to tell the difference?? Also does anyone have any suggestions to avoid any pitfalls or standard challenges tackling the job? Hey, thanks in advance.
By the way only 197,000 miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have a hatchback. I agree with your choice. I think the EXC.5DR-H/BACK is for a CD model that has a trunk since I found a site that uses a different description {5 Door (4 Door With Hatchback) or CD Model (4 Door With Trunk)}.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Thanks. Philly huh, I am from PSU at State College. We got a lota folks from Philly. So I think prices must be up at EEuroparts.com since you bought from them since their cost is currently $79.90. The cheapest site I could find was Saabpartsdirect.com where the rear is only about $66.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.