Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'd like to replace the bulb in the gear selector bit on my '93 auto (that lights up the PRND321 bit). There is a screw hidden under a little blanking plug, and two screws on the back of the gear lever itself, however when I've removed them the housing still doesn't want to come out.

Anyone else done this, and can tell me what I'm missing out?

Cheers, James

·
Registered
411 Posts
You've missed the screw in the hand-brake lever brush seal. (The hairy bit the lever disappears into.) You say you got the two rear screws out, these are the ones hidden under the carpet, right? (Not the ones hidden under plastic caps in the flanks of the console). You have to get both front seats right forward and then find the bits of carpet which lift up, very near the back of the console.
Hope this helps.
Steve

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi James
It sounds like you are in the right direction,there is only the three screws you have mentioned,once you have removed the two screws from the gearlever the outer part will pull up and off,then you should be able to remove the gear indicator panel,place the shift lever backwards to position 1,and then gently lift the front of the indicator panel,with the front lifted you will then have to slide the shift lever forward to approx position N,the panel will now lift off.
Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi chaps, thanks for the advice, it was just the little cover I had to remove, not the whole console. Thanks to both for your help though, just waiting for it to get dark so I can enjoy the results of my handiwork! Bulb was the normal tiny wire-terminal instrument panel bulb for information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.