Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those who helped me with me 'damaged bodywork' thanks, now a different quandry. The subcontractors cheque arrived on Saturday for £4100 (give or take change). Now do I repair the Jade Beast (1991 Hong Kong Spec. 9000 2.3 t, with engine mods. to 240hp). Or look at something a little more modern. I like the CS shape so either an early Carlsson or Aero is on the cards. Don't really want a late Aero since I like my glovebox too much and really dispise air-bags (6-inch nails on the dash would make ME drive more safely, not a comfy cushion).
Seen a couple a CS Carlys on eBay but Aeros few and far between. My current car has ALL they toys (except rear wash-wipe, oddly enough) so I don't want to loose out on spec.
My current car with Aero seats and underpinnings would be an amazing Q-car, so it's up to you guys, whatcha think?
PS manual tranmission should be a given, much more

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice indeed, but does it have Co-drivers computer and Climate Control? Can't tell from the tight interior or engine view. Were these standard on the CS Carlsson? Just checked the brochure, Cost options when new. Need the memory seats too, got used to them now!! Ideal for a quick snooze (posistion 3 on mine). Exact opposite of
Keeping an eye out for another good 'un.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Although you don't like the lack of glovebox, if you want to stick with a 9000, then the arguments for going with an MY94 onwards CS are compelling (I have a MY93). I too don't have an airbag but wish, with hindsight, that I had swapped for an MY94- model.

- anything MY94 onwards is compatible for spares
- it's one of the most readily tuneable Trionic cars
- the gearbox is stronger

For the sort of money you have, you ought to be able to find a sub 100k Aero or even Anniversary in top condition, which will comfortably see you through another 5 years or more of happy motoring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.