Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
remove the speaker grills, also 2 screws at each end of dashboard that you will see when you take the speaker grills off, then there is a screw at the top of the instru panel, feel along the top you will find the hole, take screw out and lift the top away uncliping the steel cable from the clip holders. watch that the clips do not come undone as they will fall down into the dash!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Also watch out for the spacer that is underneath the screw on the driver's side underneath the speaker grille... it's very good at falling down inside the dash...

Screw/nut sizes:
Speaker grilles: T10
Underneath speaker grilles: 8mm AF
End of dash: T10
LHS of instrument cluster: T25

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]Also watch out for the spacer that is underneath the screw on the driver's side underneath the speaker grille... it's very good at falling down inside the dash...

Screw/nut sizes:
Speaker grilles: T10
Underneath speaker grilles: 8mm AF
End of dash: T10
LHS of instrument cluster: T25 [/qb][/b]
Corner of glovebox/under logo of passenger air bag : T25

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not positive how to take apart the dash, but I can offer help as to where that rattle might be coming from. About a year ago, the ACC stopped functioning properly on my 95 CS. When I took it in for service, I had the dealership check it out. The culprit was the temperature sensor. If you're looking at your dash, its the small vent-looking gadget near where your seat heater switches are (if its a Euro model, it will be behind the left side of the wheel, to the right of your ACC controls.) I had them replace the unit, but it has actually started buzzing a bit again, so it might not be worth your effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.