Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know that I shouldn't really be in this forum without a turbo but can anyone tell me what gains (if any) I would get from removing the Cat on an NG900S 2.0L?

The car has been superchipped and a performance air filter has also been fitted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A naturally aspirated engine needs some backpressure. Removing your cat is goin to remove some backpressure. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? If so i dont think it will help you out any. The hp gain will be very little regardless.

Dont be so discouraged...having a 2.3 just means
you have a better powerplant to start with. You can always add a turbo you know....

·
Registered
696 Posts
ON my car a N/A 2.3 9000 removing the cat made a difference in a good way. The accelarating is about the same. Just seems to get higher in revs. MInd i Drive an autobox but in fourth gear. I recently had 6000 Rpm and still accelerating.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Lowering the backpressure normally gains a small increase in top end power, possibly at the expense of low end torque.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Munki
I too have a GM900S (auto) 2.0 n/a. Which chip did you install and what is the power increase? Also, is your filter K&N or JR?
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by AL900S:
[qb]Munki
I too have a GM900S (auto) 2.0 n/a. Which chip did you install and what is the power increase? Also, is your filter K&N or JR?
Cheers
Al [/qb][/b]
I had the Superchip installed which gave me the advertised 10% increase acccording to the rolling road results. The air filter is a JR.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Cheers for that. I'll check out their website. Do you notice more low down power with these 2 mods or is it just throughout the range? Mine seems to bog down a little under full throttle from a standing start and only really pulls from about 3.5k rpm onwards. It's only done 45k miles.
Cheers
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts