Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 CDE, should this have remote locking / alarm as standard? Using the key in both front door locks operates the central locking, on previous cars only the drivers lock would do this - is this standard to all 9000's. I also have a red LED just above the ignition lock, is this standard or an after market job?

Any advice greatly received

Rob

·
Registered
152 Posts
The '94 CDE I used to own (no alarm fitted) did not have the red LED, but the central locking behaved as you describe. My old '91 CD and CS had the more traditional syle of central locking (drivers door only operation). My '98 aero has remote central locking with alarm and immobiliser so I don't know if it would also work off the passenger door.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The keyless remote was introduced in '95. I am unsure if you can upgrade a '94 or not. Both alarms seem to have exactly the same functions. One change was a small button on the central cabin light, this is used to disable the glass breakage sensor on '95-'98. In '94 one had to turn the key two times to do this.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Any decent aftermarket alarm kit will operate the central locking from a remote.

I had a Toad 101 Alarm fitted to a 92 CDS, and it all worked beatifully.

The Dashboard LED which I hadnt previously used was connected as the alarm indicator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.