Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remote control doesn´t work

I hav a problem with my remote control, than it works than it doesn´t, does anybody know where the receiver unit is placed in a saab 9000? Or anybody who knows what the problem is?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: remote control doesn´t work

the receiver is located in the rear view mirror housing. is the battery ok in the remote. are you parked near a telehone exchange or any other transmitter as these can make your remote difficult to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I am not near any telephone exchange or anything, and i don´t think the receiver is near the rear mirror, the relaix of the remote is placed behind the fuse box, because there is where i hear a click of an relaix, I have a 1996 saab 9000 CSE with a key and a seperate remote, the alarm is set when i push the red button but the doors won´t lock, even if i use the key the central door locking won´t work. There is something written on the back of the remote maybe it is the type number it is TX35 and D/X0909, don´t know if that tells anything? I don´t know if it is the remote or the central door locking that causes the problem

·
Registered
234 Posts

Intermittent electrical faults can be a nightmare, but you need to be methodical to eliminate causes. I would usually follow the sequence below;

1. check central lock fuse, contacts and similar for signs of sparking or corrosion - clean up anyway and see if you can compress fuseholder contacts before putting fuse back.

See if it works any better

2. check keyfob battery (usually easy to just replace as normally a cheap part), and batter ycontact springs - clean and compress springs slightly to give better contact. check for signs of dry joints at battery contact to PCB connection and at switch button connection.

3. check central lock relay. remove and ensure it appears ok (no sign of excessive charring at contacts) if possible, remove relay cover and clean contacts with abrasive paper (thin as possible (put abrasive between contacts and hold contacts closed while push/pull abrasive, turn abrasive over and repeat) contact should then be clean and reasonably well "bedded"). appply 12V from battery to coil contacts repeatedly on/off/on/off... to see if coil working ok and contacts are not sticking. give light clean to relay pins and replace.

See if it works any better.

4. check driver door central locking unit - if this is not sending signal back elsewhere then central locking will not "tell" other doors to lock. general visual inspection, clean, WD40, check contacts then replicate operation of key twist while not in lock to see if central locking now works on key.

see if it works

5. check car main battery (where possible "borrow" a know good battery and either parallel connect to your main battery, or put in place of your main battery (removal of your battery is best as if it has cells with dubious voltage then it will cause the voltage of the parallel connected battery to drop to its level) - main battery has been known to give weird and wonderful faults that cannot be traced to anything else.

6. call for help

good luck with the fault finding.

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

thank you, I´ll test it, i think it´s very good possible that the voltage of the main battery (12 V) drops out to about 8V, I´ll put start cables to it and retry, I´ll let you know if that solves the problem.

thanks a lot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts