Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Relay positions on engine bay fuse box

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  montmorency 
#1 ·
Hi, I've been trying to diagnose an electrical fault on my NG95. In my haste I've disconnected some (4) of the relays. After testing that they work I've put them back but i think I've put one or more in facing the wrong direction as some of them are 4 pins and can be connected in two ways. Subsequently the car does not start. Can anyone help. Can you send me a picture or the fuse box next to the battery with the cover removed so that i can confirm that the relays are inserted correctly (by comparing the text on top of them) The car is a 2.0T XWD (UK) although a pic of any NG95 fuse box would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ben

#3 ·
Finally got the car back today with it's gleaming new rear diff. At least I've 3 yrs / 24,000 miles of worry free (as least as far as the rear differential goes) motoring ahead courtesy of the Oreo uk parts warrantee.
So here as promised are some photos of the fuse box in different orientations.
In all cases the large orange relay is toward the rear of the car.

I hope this helps.

BTW I spoke at length to my mechanic about what regular maintenance the rear diff needs. He said whilst the official service interval is 72k miles, he says the filter and fluids should be changed every year. He's saved a quite few from melt down by this expedient - sadly mine was too far gone to be saved. AND the spares are in very short supply so it pays to look after your rear diff!

Best of luck with it,

Chris.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.