Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got an electric front seat with memory, want to do a swap of the frames but retain the cloth cover of the original manual seat. I have done cover swaps like this before successfully on VW/Audi's but this one has me stumped, how do I get the Headrest off, I have found a metal clip with 2 wings underneath the head rest but no amount of pressing together will release the headrest or allow me to extract the clip. If I can't get the headrest off I,m stuck.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
You need to push the leather down on the top of the seat around the plastic trim that surrounds the stem. About 10mm or so down, I think on the rear but it could be the front, there is a retaining screw that needs to be undone. Unless you've seen it, you'd never suss...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is this the same for the Aero seats? I tried to take the headrests out on the Abbott trackday last year and couldn't. I would like to take them out for this year's stint as I find the headrest pushes against my crash helmet. I couldn't follow the Green Cross Code for a fortnight after last year

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the EPG there is no difference to the headrest, mine are off now as are the seat covers, a lot easier to take off that put back on by the looks of it, the base will be fairly easy but the rear came off condom fashion, the new one will need to go on same way but that means some restraint wires will get bent and then straightened, hopefully that will not show once it is all back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts