Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2010 93 1.9td vector sport cab and would like to upgrade the stereo.
I am after good DAB and integral sat nav.
The amount of sound improvement is not crucial but the way nav needs to work well as my wife doesn't have a mobile and uses the car often.
I would like all of my steering controls to carry on working if possible.
Suggestions please would be very welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Here you go , used the exact same kit on mine , and trust me if I can do it , anyone can , it keeps steering controls , only thing you will loose when you change the head unit , is the service interval counter , because that's built into the original head unit ,
with the DAB aerial I used an amplified bee sting FM/DAB aerial due to DAB loosing signal now and again with the stick on type , but that could be due to the area I live in .
Ooo the link
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/saab-9-3-2008-onwards-car-cd-stereo-double-din-fitting-kit-with-stalk-steering-adaptor.html?search=Saab 9-3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is fantastic thanks. It's 30 years since I fitted a stereo into a car. Where did you get all of you info from for fitting?
Do the trip computer controls still work, I have heard that they can be a problem.
Thanks good that it stops the service interval counter too lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Hello, trip computers still work .
the info for fitting ( or removing ) found by a bit of googling .
the worst aspect of it all is trying to get the centre air vent out without braking it , but google and there's lots of different answers .theres 6 little plastic clips 3 top 3 bottom that can only be seen by shining a torch into the vent .
Once that's out then there's 2 torx screws at the top of the head unit , remove , lift up and out ,
un plug old unit . The wiring which converts it all to your new unit is in the link I put up .
as with anything on the electrical circuit , Safe isolation ( disconnect battery ) make sure key is not in the ignition.
all instructions come with the kit ,
all I did was do everything I could do in doors and the go to car and do the rest .
earthing point I found just behind the old head unit .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK that is awesome thanks. Now just gotta find a head unit with integral sat nav and DAB.

Thanks for the advice mate.

·
Super Moderator
2,971 Posts
Try either Eonon or Xtrons , if going for the Chinese market , they are compatible with the link I put up . Don't go for the cheap ones on eBay due to sound and software issues , they are cheap for a reason .
the 2 makes I put up. Come with all you want and they seem to do a good job .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K. I have weighed it all up and I think that there are too many little pitfalls for me to attempt. I have done some digging and kENWOOD DNX5190ABS is £814 fully fitted from Car Audio Centre in Nottingham. The fitting fee is £380 which makes it not worth me messing with. The rest is fittings and cvonnections etc. I'll post up how I find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts