Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...I'm new to the Saab Scene. Saabs are few and far between in my area (West Texas)...Chevys and Fords rule here. Anyhow...I was given a '91 9000 Turbo. We were told that the head and block were cracked so we pulled the engine this week.

My dad and I were surprised how easy the whole process was after we got started. Turns out that the block is fine and we think that head was warped instead of being cracked.

I was wondering what performance goodies I could pickup for my new "hot rod"? Also any advice or suggestions on the rebuild would be great.

Thanks,

Mat Powell

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey there and welcome to Saabscene
!
You'll find tons of articles here about upgrades to 9000s just like yours. The most common upgrades have to do with the turbo and APC (Automatic Pressure Control... I think, anyways, this regulates the boost on your turbo!) There's a group over in the UK that does a lot of upgrades like this and more called Abbott Racing. From what I've heard, they have the best reputation for quality and service over there, and I haven't heard of much stateside. They have some upgrades that you can do by mail-order, but they do most of their upgrades in-house. You might check there first, and if they can't get you where you want, exploring around here probably will . Good luck with what you will probably find to be one of the best sleeper cars out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.