Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have followed another thread on this matter but it has not helped me as the wiring colour codes are different. I am pretty sure the switch is OK as the rear washer operates, however the wiper it's self does not move. I have four wires " grey" " red" "blue" "green" and a braided wire coming from the terminal block to the wiper metal case ( before anyone queries, this is covered by the outer plastic cover) the connector block is mounted on the PCB which is alongside the motor/gearbox assembly. any ideas what I readings I should get at the terminal block, the PCB has two relays mounted on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sorry, not without looking it up, and I'll be beaten to that I'm sure.

The big braided wire will be an earth, and as such doesn't neet to be protected froom the car body.

of the other 4 I could only guess at Permanent 12V (to run the motor), intermitent 12v (to start the sweep), earth and something else (possibly for the intermitent sweep relay??).

I assume that one yours the front washer bottle has the rear washer jet pump, so none of the wores would be for that?

Andrew

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm racking my brains here trying to remember which colour does exactly what....! I have been through this some years ago... i have a number of these units and can test one off the car to give you the correct info. I can't remember which model of car you have??????.... if it's an early one(early through glass unit) i can supply this info later this week.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Gelcoat, I'm not sure how much help this is, but I have a MY95 rear wiper motor here and the wires are Black, Blue, Blue/White and Brown/White. The wiring diagram for this is here.

This is for the CS body style. As far as I know, this was the only style with a rear wiper and only one part is listed for all years, although strangely, this motor has a different part number on it. The wiring colours look similar to those on my '96 Aero, though.

On this motor, the Black wire goes to the body and the Blue one into the motor. The Blue/White and Brown/White wires go to the gear housing, which probably means they connect to the limit switch.

I suppose we need to know more details about the car itself, as it seems to be different.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by gelcoat:
[qb]9000i 89  thru glass[/qb][/b]
Was this a Saab fitment? There is no rear wiper listed for '89 and I can find no reference to it in the wiring diagram.

Well, that's me stumped...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Was this a Saab fitment? There is no rear wiper listed for '89 and I can find no reference to it in the wiring diagram.[/b]
Standard fit on 9000 Carlssons?

Also had it on my '88 9000is

why not check this out? 9000 spec

It's almost an after thought, the rear hatch panel is cut out and has a plastic tray bit inserted to allow the motor to slot into it.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Thanks for the link, Andrew.
I believe you, of course, but no rear wash/wipe components are listed in the parts catalogue for any 9000 other than the CS body-style.

Weird or what?

Wonder if it was in the accessory catalogue? If so, where could the wiring information be found?

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]... no rear wash/wipe components are listed in the parts catalogue for any 9000 other than the CS body-style.

...Wonder if it was in the accessory catalogue? If so, where could the wiring information be found? [/qb][/b]
BillJ, I just happen to have a Saab Options and Accessories booklet to hand, literally 30cm away on the desk.

Inside it lists the following:

Rear Window Wash Wiper
Saab 9000i 16 / Saab 9000 T16 M89-, partno.: 215 110 008
(Saab 900 3d, 5d, M87-, partno.: 215 100 009)

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by /john:
[qb]BillJ, I just happen to have a Saab Options and Accessories booklet to hand, literally 30cm away on the desk.   [/qb][/b]
Aha! I don't suppose you have a wiring diagram too? Even as much as 60cm away?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scaerowner has hit the specs on the head with his link. it seems mine has all the optional extras, excluding all the mechanical ones ABS, A/C, cruise
But we still have'nt opened box 13 and found this elusive diagram, keep up the good work chaps.
Billj is it this Friday at Goodwood, if so will see you there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts