Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a separate pump for the rear wash wipe? My windscreen and headlights wash fine but when I user the RWW I hear a pump running under the bonnet but no water on the rear screen. So I guess the line to the pump is blocked, or is it those damned non return valves again?

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I though there was... so I dug out my Haynes manual, read the relevant section and then put it away again.. I remember when Haynes manuals were useful.. but it states that there is only 1 pump!! (and its electrical diagrams fail to even show the rear wash wipe).

Steve

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I guess its dig in the wing time again.

My Haynes manual covers 1985 to 1995 and only mentions 1 pump.. guess I need the find the one I bought for my P reg and see if thats got anything more enlightening in it.

Steve

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've an '89 Canadian-spec 9000 and I've never seen a rear washer/wiper on a 1st generation 9000. I gather they were available across the pond -- am I right? Does the wiper sit in the glass or the sheetmetal? Anyone have a picture available? I'm more curious than anything at this point.
Thanks,
Rod.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
the wiper sits in the glass and the motor sits in a cut out in the rear parcel shelf.

I'll take a picture later, but it is a bit difficult to see on mine as the large carlsson spoiler nearl completly hides it.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts