Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new in here but this is prolly the best place to get some info on my saab
well heres my question
how do you remove the rear speaker covers on a -97 9000 cs i need to get to the speakers and the hole from underneath is just to small so i need to remove the cowers instead but how do you do it?

thanx in advance elvis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can't anyone help me with this?
i can't get the covers off and its driving me crazy as i want more sound in the car, i'm not gonna take out the orginal speakers but add some extras along side the other on the rear shelf but these covers are a real problem to me as i don't have a clue how to open em and no one have been able to help me

·
Registered
662 Posts
You need to remove the carpet side trim panel from the boot area first.

Then undo the retaining bolts & drop the speakers away from the parcel shelf support.
(The "covers" do not come off)

HTH.

M.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well from what ive seen there is this litle plastic "triangle" thats at the end of the cover towards the backdoor and there is 1 hook that ive loosend on it but its still stuck but it seems that its only one hook remaining, if i could get that plastic bit loos i could get to the cover

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i give up how do i actually get the carpet lose from the speakers that is ass much is i need to get to the cables
i cant get the plastic loos or even the carpet thats abit under the plastic
if the are any sites explaining exactly how to get this done id be very glad and even more glad if there where some pictures to look at

help me obi wan kenobi your my only hope hehe

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you have a look in the Haynes manual for the 9000 (p11.18) it is all described.

If you don't have sight of one...

First, remove the spare wheel cover.
(by unscreewing the two "scuff plates".Drop the seat backrest to get at the front one)

Second. remove the plastic caps around the hatch opening, prise off the rubber seal from around the tailgate & carefully prise the carpet
away.(You may need a screwdriver at the parcel shelf/speaker mounts to release the plastic "tangs" which grip the carpet)

HTH

M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.