Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
You're going to have to drill, I'm afraid.
When I fitted mine (previous car) I got an assistant to hold the spoiler aligned, but vertical, so that I could stick manageable pieces of paper masking tape where I expected the holes to be required. Then resting the spoiler in place on the hatch lets you pencil mark the correct positions for drilling, AND the tape helps stop the drill from slipping and damaging the paint.
Of course, not only did I still slip and put a six inch scrape in the top surface of the hatch, but I realised it didn't matter, as I was putting a big rubber spoiler over all the damage!
You'll need a long enough socket holder to reach through the structure of the hatch after you've removed the interior trim, but the studs on the spoiler will line up conveniently with gaps in the metalwork.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The masking tape is a good plan, if you ink the ends of the studs, you can find the locations without needing to pencil round them. When I put one on my 900, I also put some sealer on the underside of the spoiler to keep the crud out.
I saw how much filth and mud had collected under the non-sealed secondhand spolier!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts