Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling slightly better after the good news about the big end, I have got to thinking about the other noise. e.g. my rear hatch rattles alarmingly - so much so that I didn't hear the big end on its way out.
Does anyone know of a web reference for adjustment, or have any advice for how to do it?

Cheers

Alyn

·
Registered
623 Posts
The pin that hold closed the hatch, where that lock hooks, is adjustable. You may could try to move it a little lower, to lat the hatch give more pressure on its seals and to seat firmer.
In waht conditions are the seals? if you have noises the could be shot.

HTH

·
Registered
706 Posts
I adjusted the rubber 'mounds' that are the stops for the boot.
These are adjusted from inside where you get at the light clusters (13mm I think).

I sorted these out first so that the seals were still nice and tight, and the panel fit looked good between the boot lid and the rear wings.

Then adjust the striker pin in the lower part of the boot lip. If this is adjusted to much the boot will be a bit harder to shut, but sometimes even when it has shut properly, the pictogram will say it's still open (at least this is what I found).

Skiddins

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Apart from the recommendations above, which are all sound, I have found that a large part of the "rattle" can be due to chatter, just like the door seals tend do do. The solution to this is to use a silicon based spray, which lubricates the seals.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not sure if it is the same sort of back-end noise I had (Fnar, Fnar), but turned out the spare wheel wasn't tightened down properly and it and the jack were rattling about under certain conditions.

Probably not what you have, but worth a quick look.

Pete

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - it wasn't the hatch after all it was the left hand rear radius arm - or whatever the bit is that locates the rear axle - two loose bolts

Alyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.