Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years of driving company cars, today was a momentous day - I finally bought my first ever car - a 93 9000 CSE LPT. Which is nice.

Anyway, the rear foglight "on" warning light is permanently on, but the foglight bulb is either dead, or something else is playing up. Can someone confirm that the warning light is letting me know the bulb has blown? I'd apply RTFM if the manual was in the car.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene.

Is it definatly the rear fog warning light in the very lower right of the dash?

or are you seeing the rear light simbols in the little car pictogram on the lower left?

If it is the latter, then you have a rear bulb failure being warned of. Rememberting that you have 2 bulbs per side on the rear lightsa, so one can fail and it will still look like it working. Also, sometimes unbalanced resistances can cause the light to come on if different bulbs have been used side to side.

Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately the warning light in the lower right of the dash. I've checked the rear foglight(s) and there's nothing happening. Looks like a return trip to the dealer may be on the cards.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Welcome to the board, Chris. I know what it's like, buying your first car after many years of having someone else pick up the bills. You made a wise choice - quietly understated class is the best sort of class.

Yes, take it back to the dealer and get him to sort it. If its not something a normal driver can fix by changing a bulb and it was like that when he sold it to you it should be his problem, not yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts