Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Has anyone attempted removal of the ACCII unit within the dash board and inspection of the innards?

I have come to the conclusion that the reason both my rear door vent fans are stuck permanently on full speed, from the moment the ignition is turned on until 5 minutes after the ignition is turned off, is because a relay internal to the ACCII unit is stuck jammed.

(NB: Apparently the ACCII is designed to turn off 5 minutes after the ignition is turned off, for some strange reason)

Saab do a nice replacement unit for £1,000 (yep, correct number of '0's!!!!).

Qu 1)
So, has anyone any experience of fixing a ACC unit, and if so, how easy is it to open up once removed from the vehicle?

Qu 2)
Anyone got a fully functional ACCII panel for sale, and at what price?
Must be cheep, and am willing to swap it for one which works fine except for rear door fan relays

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can remove the ACC unit using a flat screwdriver. It slots out rather like removing a cd player/radio etc. You can then open up the unit by undoing some small screws. I had a problem with mine which was that when the car heated up, the air would turn cold. The saab engineer took apart the ACC unit and found that one of the pins that plugs into the car was bent, so was sending incorrect information.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
753 Posts
I had mine fail.... it thought the interior air temp sensor read 40C.

It is easy to remove, although I used a palette knife... thin, wide blade so as to avoid cracking any of the surrounding trim.

As for new parts, from Saab a new ACC unit from about £340, but you can get the odd one 2nd hand. I met a Swedish bloke in a Coventry hotel and paid 100 in cash for it....

Tried Neo Brothers?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I should get some spare time between jobs in the next week or two, to remove unit and check pins and especially to see if any relays are burnt/stuck and replacable!

SAABPILOT:
I have seen a wiring diagram which showed the rear door fans directly wired to the ACC panel (via two connectors). If your's is different, showing any relays (or other potentially faulty units/culprits!) in line between the ACCII unit and the door fan motors I would be most interested. Otherwise, I will work on the premise that the ACCII unit is at fault.

Can't understand why Concept Saab Cardiff quoted me £1,000 for ACCII unit if other dealers sell them for £340 though!!?

Will check out eBay if need be - thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Is it the open season for ACC11 units?
I think mine is on the blink.and I too have been quoted £1000 ,plenty of ACC1 units available 2cnd hand but so far no luck on the later one.
So who or where is eBay? all assistane welcome,I must have the dryest 9k in the midlands.full hot or nowt!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts